Formal means perfect, suits mean something that suits you and it will suit you perfectly if you would carry it on point.
Usually, when we go for a suit we just go for readymade or bespoke three pieces or two pieces suits and nothing else.
If you care a little you would go with one or two or sometimes three accessories with your suits and you think that's it you are on point, but that is not it.
It is okay if it is a normal occasion but if it is an occasion where formal is required, then you have to carry your formals in a genuine formal way.
Genuine way means wear a well fit outfit along with all those essential accessories.
Accessories are something that not just enhance your attire's look as well as it helps to feel make comfortable and confident, too.
So, that's why you should utterly read this article in which I'll tell you about the various men's formal accessories and provide you with every guide related to these accessories.
- Your dress watch should not be huge than the wearer's wrist, otherwise, it will catch others attention only itself (You know what I mean).
- Your watch should that thin that it can be easily slipped out from your shirt's cuff, you don't want to get stuck with it.
- Always go for those watches which have leather strap bands it makes you look more classy and elegant.
- Try to match your strap colour with your shoes and belt.
- Go in a darker colour tie than your suit's shirt colour.
- If you are going for a patterned tie make sure it shouldn't have more than two colours, otherwise it will be hard for you to match with your suit and shirts.
- If your shirts have patterns preferably go with a plain tie.
- If you are wearing a skinny fit, thin lapel single-breasted suit then go with a skinny tie.
- If you are wearing a normal fit, double-breasted suit then go with a bit wider tie.
- Your pocket square colour should be distinctive from than rest of your outfit stuff (like; shirt, suit and trousers), so it will make a nice contrast.
- Many people say that do not go for the same pattern, colour and design pocket square as your tie, but I consider sometimes it works, if you want you can go for it. Or,
- The best way of getting a perfect matching pocket square is to go for a multicolour pocket square and make sure it has one colour which will exactly match your tie's colour.
Tie Clip or Tie Bar
- Apply a tie clip between the 3rd or 4th button of your shirt.
- Your tie bar should not be longer nor shorter than your tie width in between would be perfect.
- Don't just include both parts of your tie always include your shirt with it.
- Wear your tie bar occasionally where you want a clean dapper look, like; formal events and parties.
- Don't wear a tie bar if you are wearing a vest because the work of keeping your tie in place is now being done by your vest so there is no point attaching a tie bar, then.
Suspenders or belt
- I've seen many men wearing belts and suspenders both at the same time, don't do this.
- If you're wearing suspenders then forget about belts vice-versa if you're wearing belts then don't wear suspenders.
- Match your belt colour with your watches and shoes.
Brooch or lapel pin
Smile & confidence
The secret if enhancing your look in every dress is, always wear a smile with it.
A man's best accessory that he should never forget to wear is his self confidence.